So far, my games have only been available on Steam (and various pirates sites…), but I decided to give another store a try. After spending most of the weekend glaring at my PC screen, I figured out how itch.io works and even managed to set up the store page in there:
Unlike Succubus Research Diary, the new project is going to need time-of-day variants of the background images. I’ve been making daytime and nighttime versions of the backgrounds so far, but it would be pretty nice to have sunset variants as well. I will have to consider whether or not it’s worth the time investment. Another option would be to use sunset backgrounds only in certain events. Perhaps such events would be a bit more dramatic if sunsets had some rarity value. Hmm…
Anyway, I’ve yet to draw all backgrounds, but I’ve been doing some other stuff as well. I’ve coded the basic functionality of the game (which included… *ahem*… a lot of copy-pasting from Succubus Research Diary and Lily’s Handmaid) and written the script for the first half an hour or so of the game (and I did it twice because I wasn’t satisfied with the first version). So, yeah, it’s already playable, only that there’s not so much content yet. Perhaps I’ll post some screenshots soon-ish.
P.S. Yes, those “mushrooms” are actually lamps. Why would anyone use an ordinary lamp when you can use a perfectly acceptable pink mushroom lamp?
For a limited time, Lily’s Handmaid is part of an IndieGala bundle. All the games in that bundle can be activated on Steam. You’ll find the bundle at: https://www.indiegala.com/bundle/secret-desires-bundle
Despite having spent most of Q4 2021 making content updates for Succubus Research Diary and Lily’s Handmaid, I’ve been planning a new game as well. And now that the said updates have been released, I’ve started working on the new project more seriously. Or, at least, more actively.
But there’s a minor problem.
The problem is (as always) is that I have way too many ideas of what I want to have in that game. Even after countless plot drafts (yes, I didn’t bother counting them), there’s still too much stuff to put in a single game that I could develop in a reasonable time. I may solve this problem as I usually do and just remove a lot of stuff (*cry*), OR, I might make two games with the same central characters.
For now, I’m going to deal with the problem in the way that problems are usually dealt with: postpone it. At this point, it doesn’t really matter whether I will make one or two games around the same theme. There’s a lot of stuff that needs to be done regardless of that decision.
I’ve been working on two projects recently. One of them is my secret new project. It’s so secret that even I don’t know much about it for sure, so let’s leave it at that for now. The other project is Lily’s Handmaid. It will get another content update. It’s already the fourth one, and it will probably be the last. The theme of the update is bathing… but not quite the everyday kind of bathing. At least for most people. The update will be ready for release in late December or early January.